Suitable for coldwater & tropical aquariums, clumps algae and other particles together allowing filter to strain them out.
Green water/algae or cloudy water caused by over feeding and fish waste is unsightly and can be dangerous as it may alter the pH and oxygen levels in your aquarium. Algae Gone is a single dose plant friendly treatment that will clarify the green or cloudy water in your aquarium. It works by clumping the minute particles together enabling your filter to strain them out. To prevent algae growth recurring use NT Labs Phosphate Remover (Aquarium).
- Q: How does Algae Gone kill algae? A: Technically, Algae Gone is not an algaecide so it won't kill algae immediately like a weed killer would on your unwanted garden plants. Instead, Algae Gone causes the particles of the single-celled algae, which cause green water, to clump together, allowing you to manually remove them from the water column or the filter. As a secondary effect, Algae Gone will remove phosphate from the water which the algae would previously feed off, starving the algae with repeated use.
- Q: How long will Algae Gone take to clear my aquarium? A: This is impossible to say. It will depend on how severe the problem is, the type of algae, why the problem has arisen in the first place and the house-keeping factors of your aquarium. Regular use of the product will result in less algal growth due to the removal of phosphate, whilst manually removing the algae will reduce the amount of algae which would otherwise coninue to grow simultaneously. For instant results, manual removal of any visible algae is probably your best option.
- Q: How often can I use Algae Gone? A: You can use the product weekly as part of your general aquarium maintenance regime. Enusre you do a water change before dosing the aquarium according to the instructions.
- Q: Can I use Algae Gone at the same time as Phosphate Remover? A: Yes, you can.
- Q: After adding Algae Gone, my water has gone cloudy. Is this normal? A: Yes, this is a precipitate which forms as the product binds to phosphate molecules in the water. It won't harm your fish, plants or filter bacteria.
- Q: Do I need to remove Activated Carbon or other carbon-based filter media whilst using Algae Gone? A: Yes, remove any carbon-based media from your filter when you add the dose of Algae Gone. This product is quite fast-acting so the media can be returned to the filter after 36 hours.
Available in the following variations: